Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Montlieu Project

This semester I had the pleasure of working with a technology buddy for my Educational Technology for Teaches class. My buddy was a female student from Montlieu Academy of Technology. My buddy and I met every Thursday during my scheduled class time. During the time we worked together, we  used iPad Apps that allowed us to focused on writing.

For our first assignment, we worked on creating a comic book using Comic Life. I made an example of what we were going to make together beforehand so that we could use it as an example. Our comic books focused our our lives at school, our goals for the future, and our educational goals. We took all of the pictures that we used for illustrations.

After we finished this project, I was allowed to come up with different ideas for use to do. I decided that we were going to focus on writing sentences and sentence structure. I decided to focus on these two concepts from making observations while we were working on our first comic book. I noticed that my technology buddy had a hard time coming up with and articulating sentences.  These were some of the activities we did together:

  • created stories using the Scribble Press APP
  • wrote sentences about general pictures pulled from Keynote and Google
  • used the Comic Life App to create another comic book


I really enjoyed working one-on-one with my technology buddy this semester. I was able to learn how to better use my iPad and discovered many different ways to use iPads in the classroom, as well as,  finding really cool educational apps! However, there would be a few things that I think that could be improved for next semester. 

Instead of going during our instructional time, I would have liked to go on my own time. This could be done next semester by assigning a student to a classroom teacher and together come up with the best time for the student to come, such as during a specific special.

 I also wished that our class could have had time set aside to collaborate with each other on different ideas that we could implement with our buddies. I struggled at first to come up with ideas to use and felt overwhelmed by all of the technology apps that are available for the iPad. Several classmates and I just happened to be talking about what we were working on and someone mentioned a really cool app that in passing that I ended up using. I really enjoyed this experience and felt that I learned some very important skills that I can use when I am a teacher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment